Monday, April 28, 2008

explicit

So I have become a regular watcher of "The View" on ABC. It is my general routine to tivo it and then watch it as I run on the treadmill. I think it is a funny and creative talk show. I don't know if I would ever just sit down and watch it but it takes my mind off the pain I feel on the treadmill. Well, today they had a great singer on the show named Kate Nash. I had never heard of her before but I absolutely loved the song she performed. It had a unique vibe. If there is a song I lilke, I generally just download it from itunes but today I took a risk and bought the entire album from amazon (there were a couple of books I've been wanting to get anyway). After I made my purchase from amazon, I went to itunes to check out the album only to see EVERY single song has the word explicit next to it!! AGGHH!! I am not a "explicit" person. What should I do? The song was seriously so cool--maybe I just couldn't understand the lyrics because I was on the treadmill.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I do that all the time. I hear a song I think is so cool and I even think I'm singing the right words to it and then I look up the lyrics and they are either completely way off or explicit!

Maria and Ross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria and Ross said...

Hey, maybe it will be the same with all the songs, you just won't hear the bad words. Ignorance is bliss, right!!!!!

also known as shell said...

that really bites. maybe they aren't that bad... hopefully. can you return it and buy clean versions on itunes?

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

They probably edited out the words on The View! Hopefully you can send it back if you want! Most of the time I don't know what they are saying... I make up my own words and then I feel really dumb when I find out what they are really saying!