Sunday, May 4, 2008

The big 7

I can't believe I am old enough to have a seven year old. Today is Allison's birthday and I keep looking at her in disbelief. I know it is silly but the girl is getting so big. In honor of her birthday, I thought I would do a little spot-light on my daughter. Here are some things you might not know about Allison but things that probably won't surprise you either:


1. If you ask her, Allison will say she wants to be a rocket scientist when she grows up. She asked her dad one day what job it was that builds rockets and he said a rocket scientist. Allison wants to build rockets. For those of you who know the creative girl, you really aren't surprised--right?


2. Allison has determination like I have only seen in one other person--her dad. If she sets her mind on accomplishing something, she really will not stop until she was has accomplished it. She taught herself how to ride a 2 wheel bike with no one helping her. She has the scars to prove it.


3. Underneath her sometimes stubborn exterior, Allison has a very tender heart. She loves to love and be loved.


4. Allison's a smarty. She is a quick learner and has an amazing memory.


I sure love my big seven year old. Where did the time go?
Happy Birthday Allison!


4 comments:

SARAH said...

Happy Birthday, Allison!! We can't believe you're already 7 years old!
We hope you can make it out west this summer so we can see you!
(By the way, it was fun to hear you talk about Allison teaching herself to ride her bike. Josh literally learned to ride his two wheeler this afternoon. We thought it would never happen!)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Allison! Rebecca-I can't believe you're old enough to have a 7-year-old either (just kidding!) I guess I technically could have a seven year old-wow, we won't go there though! I agree, Allison is definitely a smart little girl-and she's such a sweetie!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Happy Birthday Allison! I love her American Girl doll! It looks just like her! So cute!

Maria and Ross said...

You did a good job picking out the AG doll, it looks so much like her. And I love the glasses, they are so cute.